The benefits of coloring have been in the news lately, particularly in terms of how coloring can be a stress relief for adults. I am not embarrassed to admit that I love coloring with my nieces and nephews and I get a lot of joy from taking the time to sit with them when coloring together.
Some of the benefits of coloring for children that psychologists have discovered are:
- The improvement of motor skills
- Preparing children for school
- Stimulating creativity
- Contributes to better handwriting
- Contributes to color awareness, recognition and discernment
- Improved focus and hand to eye coordination
- Setting boundaries, enhancing concepts of structure and spacial awareness
- Improves confidence and self-esteem
- Contributes to self-expression
- Can be therapeutic and a stress reliever
Mindworks has a few coloring books and we invite you to discover them. Ramadan Rhymes and Hajj Harmonies are a set of coloring books by author Elizabeth Lymer and include a collection of nursery rhymes for the remembrance of Allah (SWT) and learning about Ramadan and Hajj.
My Ramadan and ‘Eid Al Fitr Coloring Book and Sameerah and Hannah Coloring Pages are designed for introducing children to some of the traditions surrounding Ramadan, and for presenting the concept of hijab to young girls.